SunWater Spa Services Attendant | Job Description
Department: Spa Services
Part-time (weekend and evening availability, 18-30hrs/week)
SunWater Spa is a unique and peaceful health and wellness oasis in Manitou Springs, CO. Nestled in the beautiful Rocky Mountains at the base of Pikes Peak, we are deeply connected to the healing arts, spirituality and local history. SunWater consists of two adjacent buildings: our main building houses 3 levels of cedar tubs for soaking in Manitou’s own mineral spring waters, a saline pool for aqua yoga and aquatic therapies, and a spacious yoga studio. The adjacent whimsical spa building is where guests receive a variety of massage and skin care services. At SunWater Spa we strive to provide exceptional health and wellness services for all of our valued guests and staff.
About the Opportunity
The Spa Services Attendant has to effectively be part of the SunWater team while providing excellent customer service and hospitality. Primary duties include ensuring that all spa service areas are service-ready throughout the day and greeting and delivering guests to their therapists. This position is an integral part of the spa services team and must communicate effectively with guests, therapists, front desk team, and spa services Lead and Manager to guarantee the best guest and staff experience at SunWater.
The Spa Services Attendant may also be trained in all protocols for Massage, Bodywork and/or Facials depending on certifications and qualifications, and should be available to cover massage, body treatment and/or facial or waxing appointments as needed.
This is a part-time position which reports directly to the Spa Services Manager, ideal for recent massage school and/or cosmetology school graduates, or those still in school who wish to work in a unique spa environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Display the behaviors and attitudes that support SunWater’s values, mission and vision
- Contribute toward a quality work environment
- Follow the proper channels of communication, express to management any issues involving rooms, equipment, product, laundry, staffing or guests
- Maintain adaptability and a positive attitude regarding changes to enhance guest experience or to meet the fiscal needs of the organization
- Follow protocols for communicating via Basecamp Messages, Documents and To-dos in a timely manner
- Maintain awareness of the daily MindBody schedule, staffing, room assignments and services throughout each shift in order to deliver guests in a timely manner
- Be available to cover massage, body treatment, facial and/or waxing service appointments on an on-call basis, when needed (dependent on license and certification, insurance, manager approval and protocol training)
- Effectively stock and maintain all Spa Service areas throughout shift
- Perform daily opening or closing duties for spa service rooms in a timely manner
- Spot clean spa service areas as needed throughout a shift
- Walk all spa service guests to their appointments (aquatic therapies, massage, body treatments, facials and wax appointments)
- Be available to assist therapists and estheticians in setup/clean up when necessary
- Perform regular inventory of spa service linens, towels and products
Required Qualities, Education, Experience and Physical Requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Work effectively and accurately on your own and as part of team
- Strong time-management skills, integrity, honesty and reliability
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills
- Posses a smart phone and utilize company computers with proficiency
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be available to work 3-5 shifts per week (8:00am – 2:00pm; 1:30pm – 7:30pm) including evenings and weekends, and cover or swap shifts when necessary
- Attend all staff meetings and schedule training
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Basic math skills
- Current Colorado State massage certification and/or Colorado State COZ license and liability insurance- or currently in school for either massage or skin care
- Minimum 800 hours of massage training and/or 500 hours of esthetics training
- Ability to lift, push and pull required (usually about 30lbs)
- Ability to perform cleaning and sweeping motions
- Walking up and down stairs throughout a 6 hour shift
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel and bend
*Note: All duties and requirements stated above are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.