Maintenance Team Member | Job Description
Department: Maintenance (Part-Time)
SunWater Spa, a unique and modern soaking pool facility, with a focus on the healing arts, Manitou mineral water therapies, spirituality and local history in Manitou Springs, CO. Nestled in the beautiful Rocky Mountains at the base of Pikes Peak, newly-opened 6,000 sq ft day spa with 3,000 sq ft sister building with a strong mineral springs component.
As a member of the SunWater Spa maintenance department it is crucial we are able to adapt to evolving situations as part of an ever-growing project. Along with the rest of the maintenance team you will be responsible for maintaining the entire physical property of both SunWater Spa and The Tava House. This position can be broken down into four categories; General Maintenance, Light Carpentry, Pool Maintenance,and Risk Management. This position will report directly to the Spa Maintenance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold the protocols and procedures of the company
- Keeping the SunWater & Tava House properties clean, neat, organized and visually appealing
- Basic hand and power tool operation, skills, and safety knowledge
- Properly open and close spa according to Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring all opening and closing duties are completed
- Communicate to management on any issues involving the building or grounds that require attention.
- Maintain a clean, safe, fully stocked and well organized work area.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- General plumbing knowledge will be required to resolve problems on a daily basis on the SunWater property
- You may also be responsible for balancing chemical levels in the indoor saline pools
- Asses the property for potentially hazardous situations including and not limited to icy/ snowy/ slippery surfaces, misplaced tools and equipment, dangerously placed hoses and extension cords, infected/ unsafe/ unpleasant water, etc
- Regularly attend, participate in training and staff meetings
- Utilize spa computers with skill and proficiency.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Must have excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Work effectively on a team as well as individually
- Must have high integrity and be honest
- Have to have flexible work hours and be available on weekends and nights
- Must be able to work under fast paced conditions
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication, listening skills.
- Must have ability to multi-task.
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must have means of transportation to and from the spa on nights and mornings
- Respect the environment and peacefulness and tranquility while getting job accomplished
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Trade skills are preferred but not required including landscaping, maintenance, or plumbing, electrical
- Pool skills or cleaning pools preferred but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Customer service skills
Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, squat and bend
Ability to lift, push and pull required 30lbs (could be lifting 50 lbs when necessary)
Walk up and down stairs (three floor building)
*Note: All duties and requirements stated above are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.