Department: Events (Part-Time)
SunWater Spa, a unique and modern soaking pool facility, with a focus on the healing arts, Manitou mineral water therapies, spirituality and local history in Manitou Springs, CO. Nestled in the beautiful Rocky Mountains at the base of Pikes Peak, newly-opened 6,000 sq ft day spa with 3,000 sq ft sister building with a strong mineral springs component.
SunWater Events Coordinator is responsible for organizing, scheduling, coordinating all events for the Spa. Must work with all departments to put on successful events and workshops & maintain the events schedule. This person must have a high aptitude and professionalism to work with both internal and external customers and clients. This position reports to the Events Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistant to the Events Manager
- Actively seek out leaders, teachers, and presenters to hold events and workshops utilizing spa space
- Ensure all proper documentation is collected and filed for all event and workshop presenters
- Work with Events Manager to schedule all events and workshops, coordinate with Front Desk Manager on staff requirement and room reservation
- Work with marketing, media, front desk, maintenance and any other department to successfully put on an event
- Promote communication to public and community on events and workshops
- Act as the liaison between the spa and program presenters for any issues which may arise
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required, experience in hospitality or spa industry preferred
- Ability to work some weekends required
- Must have open and flexible work schedule
- Experience managing and coordinating large and small scale events, including private
- Strong attention to detail
- Must work effectively on a team
- Be self-managing and accountable
- Act with the highest integrity and uphold the image of the Spa in the face of the customer
Lifting 50 lbs (when necessary)
Walking up and down stairs
Cleaning sweeping and mopping motions
*Note: All duties and requirements stated above are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.