WHAT YOU SEE IN THE WATER
Looking into our cedar tubs, you may notice sediment or a cloudy substance due to what we dub ‘calcium bursts’. This phenomenon is due to the large amount of naturally occurring minerals consisting of calcium, chloride, fluoride, iron, lithium, magnesium, potassium, silica, sodium, sulfate and zinc.
WHY CEDAR TUBS?
Cedar oils are used in the practice of aromatherapy and have an array of skin care and medicinal benefits. These woods share many of the same emotional benefits, and their scent is useful in easing fear and nervousness, reducing tension and stress, and aiding in both boosting courage and bringing forth inner strength.
SANITATION OF CEDAR TUBS
We use low amounts of bromine (naturally found in ocean waters), along with state-of-the-art sanitation methods to maintain our guests’ safety and the integrity of our mineral waters.
In addition, SunWater Spa uses a three part sanitation system to ensure the purity of our natural mineral waters for your safety and enjoyment.
- Oxidation – Oxygen is added to the water. Oxygen is one of the strongest known sanitizing agents.
- UV Light – The water passes through a high-intensity UV light which is very effective in killing bacteria.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – From our unique filtration systems, oxygen and hydrogen molecule bond as they collide.
To fully experience the benefits of our mineral tubs, and by requirement of Colorado State law, we ask that all guests use the provided showers before soaking to help us maintain the integrity of our hygienic conditions.
“We then did a two hour soak in the mineral tubs and it was so very relaxing!”
Our facility caters to adults and embodies a sense of a wellness and relaxation. If space is available, we allow children in our facility under certain circumstances permitted they uphold the type of environment we are creating. If we feel these expectations are not being met, you may be asked to leave.
With this in mind, please also follow the below guidelines of our age policy:
- No more than 2 children with one guardian allowed at a time (limited to groups of 4 total)
- No children under the age of 6
- All guests are required to sign a waiver before using facilities, guardians must sign on behalf of children
- Children must be with guardians at all times
- Guests 13 and up may participate in our classes with waiver signed by guardian over the age of 18. Younger children may be allowed at the teacher’s discretion.
SunWater Spa places the utmost priority on guest safety and well-being. Please be advised that during thunderstorms, you will be asked to move to the indoor pools until it is safe to be outside. If you have a spa service scheduled outdoors, it is possible we may have to reschedule your appointment.
Treatments and therapies are available to guests over the age of 13. Guests under 18 require adult supervision and waiver commitment.
If you have any questions please call 719.695.7007 for clarification.